Monday 28 September 2009

Timmy is home

Timmy came home on Saturday afternoon..he has quite a big wound where Mr Henri (the surgeon) removed the tumour. Timmy's face was also quite swollen too...but he was glad to get home, he purred so much and seemed very happy to be back on his cushion.

I greeted Timmy with lots of hisses, whacks and general growling and grumpiness - much like I did with Stormie when she was away at the vet place for a prolonged period of time. I hate the smells they bring back with them so much! We have made friends again now though, the hissing stopped this morning and tonight we have been hanging out together. Kind of. The Meowmies laugh at me when I get mean, they think it is so hysterical cos I am such a soft, loving cat, so on the rare occasions when I am mean it is in a rubbish, gentle, non-threatening way.

Timmy has to wear a big Elizabethan colour cos he keeps scratching his stitches - he already pulled one out just before Meowmie collected him! Mr. Henri said that it should be ok though and the wound should heal. The problem is, Timmy rubs his face on the inside of the collar, which aggravates a tiny bit of the wound, so it is always 'wet' cos he knocks off any scab that gets formed. We need this wound to heal so we can get Timmy into the radiation part of the programme in about 10 days time. We are also concerned that the wound not healing could make infection an issue - but Tim is on Synolux antibiotics to help ward of any germs.

All-in-all Timmy is doing well. Timmy has been doing his toilets, playing, eating and washing and also trying to bite me and cajole me into a game of chase - so he can't be feeling that uncomfortable in the mouth area!

Thanks for all of your well-wishes!
xxx

6 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

YEAH! I am so glad that Timmy has been doing well! YEAH! YEAH YEAH!!!! I might even get lost in London this next week to Celebrate!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Welcome home Timmy we are glad you are back and doing so well.

purrs
Abby

Anonymous said...

Timmy has a long way to go, but he's already passed a big test. All of us Good Cats will keep purring for him!

Parker said...

We are so glad that Timmy is back home!
Here's hoping that his wound will heal quickly!

Daisy said...

What a brave boy Timmy is! I am glad to hear he is not feeling too poorly. I am wishing a very quick healing period!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Awwww Timmy, look at your sweet face. We think we see a bit of the swelling, but all in all, you look amazing!!!!!